Using Q-Codes in an e-learning program, Vietnam, Pham Ngoc Thach Medical University
by Thành Liêm Võ
- The family medicine unit of the Pham Ngoc Thach Medical University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam has incorporated the Q-codes in Vietnamese in an e-learning system for medical students.
- For the first time we have a glossary of Family medicine terminology who helps us to understand and standardize the complex concepts of this discipline: between the countries and between the regions in Vietnam. It reduces the variety of these interpretations.
- For now, we are preparing new curriculum of FM ; 3 – month – training program for doctors which will be applied at national level, and the new 1-month program for FM nursing will be developed. In this direction, Vietnamese version of Q codes has been used as a source of reference in the working of Belgo-Vietnamese FM expert committee in Vietnam.
- The Q codes is important to introduce the new concept of FM through these definitions and references
- Q code will be used as the reference resource for future research in FM. For now, Q codes have been integrated in format of glossary in 3 month FM training at Pham Ngoc Thach Medical University.
- We are developing a software which translates automatically FM Vietnamese terminology to English terminology. So this software is expected to help physicians to access large literature resource in the domain.
Translators of Q-codes involved :
Thành Liêm Võ MD, PhD. Family Physician, Lecturer in Family Medicine.
Trần Thị Hoa Vi MD, MSc. Family Physician, Lecturer in Family Medicine.
Nguyễn Thị Bích Duyên MD, MSc. Family Physician, Lecturer in Family Medicine.
Nguyễn Thùy Châu MD, MSc. Family Physician, Lecturer in Family Medicine
In the below screen copy the term dự phòng means clinical prevention and is mapped to the Q-codes QD4. The corresponding definition appears as a pop-up when pointing the arrow on the term
The book is available online in Vietnamese
Jamoulle, Marc, Nguyễn Thùy Châu, Trần Thị Hoa Vi, Nguyễn Thị Bích Duyên, và Võ Thành Liêm. 2016. Từ Điển Thuật Ngữ Đa Ngôn Ngữ về Y Học Tổng Quát và Y Học Gia Đình. CARE Editions, Jumet, Belgium, 2016 (http://orbi.ulg.ac.be/handle/2268/202214)